Medical Symptoms Questionnaire
Your Medical Symptoms Questionnaire (MSQ) score is an essential functional medicine tool to assess patients initially and then to monitor your progress. The higher your symptom score, the more severe your medical condition.
A total score of:
- 20 or less is not clinically significant
- 20 to 49 indicates mild toxicity
- 50 to 99 indicates moderate toxicity
- 100 and above indicates severe toxicity
MSQ Scores give information about the body systems involved in the disease and how badly they are affected. This helps the FM physician to provide priority to critical systems when planning the healing process.
MSQ also evaluates the severity of individual symptoms. A symptom is given a score ranging from 1 to 4, as follows:
- Symptom score 1 when it is mild and happens infrequently
- Symptom rating 2 when slight but happens frequently
- Symptom score 3 when severe but happens occasionally
- Symptom score 4 when severe and happens often
The MSQ score gives a reassuring visual image (graph-like) for the patient while we are monitoring your progress. You see your symptoms score steadily coming down while pursuing your FM treatment.
MSQ is available at The Vitality Clinic Website under the heading of Health Form, to enable you to check your health at no cost. You will receive a mini medical report, within 24 hours, giving your total MSQ score, individual system scores and the main symptoms. You will also receive a free of charge telephone consultation, with advice on recommended further action.